Thursday, April 07, 2005

Google Maps: Yeah, me too.

Like seemingly everyone else, I continue to be somewhere between impressed and astounded by Google Maps, and now, with the recent addition of satellite photos, I can't hold it in any longer.

My wife and I are currently house shopping. Enough said.

Well, maybe not quite enough. I have a couple different options for viewing online real estate listings on the web. They're disappointing. The search criteria are restrictive and clunky.

Go to Google, find a location... Now do a local search, say for pizza. Oh, my. Realtors, are you listening? Give these guys a call!

Or, perhaps give these folks a call. They are working with data from a local fire department to use Google Maps to display recent fire alarms in their area.

Or these guys. We are only scratching the surface, here.

No comments: